I'm attributing this more than a little to the lovely Madame Deidre Anaid of the Cell linking us on her Dark Fusion Facebook page and connecting her awesome fans to us. So many thanks go out to that classy lady!
Some of you with more web-experience are probably scratching your heads going: "Wow... really? That's all and you're getting excited?"
But the fact of the matter is this: SFGothic.net is a niche website. We're catering primarily to goths and industrialists and other alterna-folk specifically in the San Francisco Bay Area who are active enough on the Internet to actually find or hear about us, which makes us a niche-within-a-niche-within-a-niche. And while some of the information herein reaches out as far as San Jose to the south and Sacramento to the east, the info from those areas is spotty at best - so our core demographic is fairly centralized.
All of our advertising is word-of-mouth, the business cards I manage to drop off at events I'm personally attending, and a Facebook page that doesn't even have enough "likes" to become its own named address yet (that's my next goal, so I can put it on the next batch of business cards).
So, yeah. 130 different IPs hitting us in the same day is pretty awesome. Having it followed by another day of 70 is even cooler.
On the other hand... I know that there's more than just a few hundred people out there that could use the information provided on this site. So now I want to hit that 100+ mark every day. I want my next: "Awesome!!" to be about hitting the 200 visitor mark. Or, even better, the 300 visitor mark.
So if you're a fan of SFGothic.net, I want to ask you for a couple of small favors:
- Go to our home page or to our Facebook page and "like" us on Facebook.
- Tell friends and family and acquaintances about us, especially if they're of a darksider persuasion. Shoot them an email or mention/link us on your Facebook page a couple of times or "like" our links. Help us broadcast our existence! Let the world know that we exist!
- Comment on the blog! Tell me if you find a post interesting or inaccurate or just plain ridiculous.
- Send me (via the contact page or even just in blog comments) information about the events, shows, concerts, clubs, whatever in your neck of the woods (whether you're one of the promoters or just a fan) and let us advertise it here! It's free advertising which can only help make those events more successful.
- Also via the contact page, send me suggestions of things you'd like to see on the site or hear about or maybe just things to chat it up about.
And you don't even have to do all of these things to help us out. Just one or two of the above could really boost our site traffic and get us linked on other people's pages and further disseminated throughout the region and the scene. And that slowly pushes us further up the rankings on Google searches, bringing even more people to the site.
And if you do any of these things, tell me. Shoot me an email or leave me a comment (on the blog or on Facebook). Let me know so that I can thank you for helping SFGothic.net be the resource it is intended to be.
-- Mr. M.