So, here are some links to places that I find particularly interesting or awesome. Some are friends' sites. Others are just places I like.
- Digital Gunfire - Online radio station, specializing in EBM, Industrial, and Synthpop. Honestly, some of the best music you can find on the WWW. And it's free.
- WFKU - Another online radio station, with a good, solid mix of Gothic, Industrial, Synthpop, and other dark music. Unlike Digital Gunfire, WFKU has a solid programming schedule for genres and radiocasts so that you can hear exactly what you're looking for.
- Amped Out - Amped Out is yet another online radio station. I have only gotten to listen to them once or twice so far. Sounds like more Industrial music, and less EBM and Synthpop, than Digital Gunfire. I've liked what I've heard so far.
- Death Guild - Pretty much my fave hang-out. Best and longest running Goth/Industrial club in the U.S. Second longest in the world. Or so they tell me. Anyway, keep up to date with what's going on at the DNA Lounge on (and sometimes around) Monday nights here.
- Straight Razors & Parasols - Slightly used vintage goth fashion. They're local to SF and fairly priced.
- Rivithead - Gothic and Industrial fashion in Oakland.
- GoodGoth.com - Online service selling gothic fashions. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly check them out, as yet, but looks good on the initial glances.
- Gothic Babe of the Week - I've been going to this site off and on for over a decade. My friend Kent long ago sent me the link - half as a joke, I suspect. I don't think Cossack runs it anymore, which is a shame, but still some nice eye candy there.
- Antimony & Lace - Do-it-yourself goth fashion for the craftily-inclined. There's some really good stuff in here, even though the original author hasn't updated the site since 2007. Also a couple of good articles in there on things like cleaning your leather, latex, and PVC.
- Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Scents, Oils, and whatnot. Beautiful and esoterically-named smells. This is the place that any good Goth or Industrial kid should probably be getting their perfumery. Really. How can you argue about a company that has a "Cthulhu" scent? Are you daft?
- Eye Scream Jewelry - Necklaces, bracelets, and a host of other decorative bits, many of a darkling style. One of the most noted producers of such jewelry in the San Francisco area.
- The Dark Entry - Clothing, footwear, lingerie, music, furniture, and so many other things that you can't even shake a stick at them. And so much of it is of a goth, bondage, or adult nature. All located in Berkeley.
- HeadShot Clothing - For those of you in the UK, a nice place to find a few excellent t-shirts.
- Dragonsong Creations - Run by another friend of mine, this woman deals in some very beautiful hand-crafted jewelry. Mostly of a pagan-bent, you can also find some very lovely darkling pieces on her site.
- Songs of the Goddess - Run by my good friend Draeden, this blogsite is an excellent guide to Pagan and Wiccan music everywhere.
- That Devil Music - My friend Draeden also blogs a bit here. Good stuff on your favorite symphonic metal bands and discussions of metal in general. Also, Draeden has a "Succubus Showcase", spotlighting some of the hottest of the hot women in metal.
- Mermaid Muse - Run by that sultry siren and bawdy bar-mistress, Lorelei Moon. Here you can find her thoughts, ideas, and, most importantly, her wicked drink creations.
- MJCullen.com - My less-villainous alter-ego. This is where one can find my more literate scribblings, if one were so inclined.
(With the exception of the images, everything on the SFGothic.net website, including the identities/names “SFGothic”, “SFGothic.net”, and “Mister Mephisto”, is © 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Images belong to their original creators and/or owners.)